Fourteen Ohio schools recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools
U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos has recognized 14 Ohio schools as National Blue Ribbon Schools for 2019. The program recognizes schools in one of two performance categories, based on all students’ scores and student subgroup scores on designated tests, as well as on graduation rates:
- Exemplary High Performing Schools are among the state’s highest-performing schools as measured by state assessments or nationally normed tests.
- Exemplary Achievement Gap Closing Schools are among the state’s highest-performing schools in closing achievement gaps between the school’s student groups and all students.
In mid-November, DeVos and the U.S. Department of Education will celebrate with more than 350 school honorees at an awards ceremony in Washington, D.C. Honorees from Ohio are:
- Akron Early College High School (Akron City School District);
- Beachwood Middle School (Beachwood City School District);
- Bloom-Vernon Elementary School (Bloom-Vernon Local School District);
- Bluffsview Elementary School (Worthington City School District);
- Boyd E. Smith Elementary School (Milford Exempted Village School District);
- Crestview Elementary School (Crestview Local School District);
- Dayton Regional STEM School
- Franklin Elementary School (Delphos City School District);
- Freedom Trail Elementary School (Olentangy Local School District);
- Minster Jr/Sr High School (Minster Local School District);
- Norwayne Middle School (Norwayne Local School District);
- Solon High School (Solon City School District);
- Wadsworth Middle School (Wadsworth City School District);
- Worthington Christian Middle School (Worthington Christian Schools).